Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] TLP 250 or IR 2110 , Which one to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there, the max duty cycle is governed by the load to some extent, if it is inductive then 65% should be no problem, you need to post your exact intended power circuit for comment.

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for replying.

Anyway i couldnt get the circuit working with IR 2110, it was not getting triggered consistently and satisfactorily (???) long enough. So i went back to TLP 250 driver as it was an initial phase i didnt need a microcontroller at all, so i used a simple 555 driven control circuit , at 100 kHz. I have uploaded the complete circuit along with the post. I need to keep the frequency of operation constant and vary the duty cycle, so i have used 4 pots in the circuit.

Thanx for all the help and suggestions.

Hi,
One doubt, whether this circuit is working ? In the circuit its seen that , the -ve line of the bridge is connected to the L-C-R junction, which is the out terminal of the buck conv. Its required to connect with the other side.

How hot does it get?
Also, remember to place a 1k resistor between the gate and source of the MOSFET. Otherwise you'll face problems, especially at higher voltages.

hello i designed the circuit of buck boost non inverting converting buck the problem with vin to gate of mosfet its is have to be 20 with pulsed and its too hight ti the gate mosfet
at boost just need 5 v
at boost working well but the prolem at buck
please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.