Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

timing recovery algorithm confirmation

Status
Not open for further replies.

smallputin

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
anyone can tell me whether my algorithm is right using Gardner algorithm for timing recovery?

the algorithm is followed as:

suppose 4 samples per symbol. substract the register value and control word both in NCO at each sample point(n(i)-w(j)).we suppose the initial value of register and control word are 0 and 0.5 respectively.the result of the substraction should be moded 1(mod((n(i)-w(j)),1).And the result of the substraction is less or equal to 0. calculate the fraction interval(2*n(i)).we can donate the fraction interval as u.now use u to interpolate.if the sample point is first or second one,the interpolated value is y(n).if the sample point is third or fourth ,the interpolated value is y(n-1/2).If the substracton value (n(i)-w(j)) is more than 0 and the sample point is second or fourth,so we should interpolate value and interpolated value donated as y(n),y(n-1/2).After that we calculate the next symbol.we compute timing error for each symbol.update the control word,put timing error though loop filter.

Hi,
Please provide us with more detail.
Btw I remember a exemple of timing recovery in the matlab demo help.

I already describe in detail.please read what I wrote carefully

Hi,

Gardner Timing error detector needs only two samples/symbol not 4 samples/symbol as you have described.

Hi

Please check Simulink demos. There is one model available for timing recovery with Gardner algorithm. It is in detail.

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.