Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TIME OF ARRIVAL DETECTION USING 4 MIC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

asifanwarbaig

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am doing a project given by my prof. he asked me to use 4 Microphones placed on the corner of a board and the direction of the sound is to be detected using those 4 mics, he has suggested me to use TIME of arrival algorithm for the dection of sound source can anyone help me with the algorithm??

the controller i have been using is PIC33 it would be wonderfull if any one could help me with the code also ...

Do i need to use timers and interrupts also for the detection of the location ..., also i have been using intensity for two mics and it was working pretty much well so i need help in this part.

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/193211/ i followed this thread but it didn't help much

Hi,

you ask us doing your homework...
without giving any value.

* first you have to decide what is your mechanical construction (relative position of the microphones in 3D)
* then you have to decide what angular range you want to detect
* Then you have to decide what angular resolution you need
* Then you need to know about sample rate
* is there a known signal or an unknown waveform sent out

with all these informations/decisions you can calculate if a simple timing analysis (timing of zercross in signals, for example) or a more precise mathematical solution (cerrelation for example) is needed.

The human system uses both "level" for low frequencies and "delay" for high frequencies.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back