Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TI PCI1520 CardBus bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

davorin

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ti tps222x

Anybody used the PCI1520 (or PCI1510) chip in his design?

According to the datasheet the clock for the pwoer switch chip is coming from external. But also the according TPS222X power switch has the clock as input...

The datasheet says:

Code:
Bit 27 (P2CCLK) in the system control register can be set by the platform BIOS or the serial EEPROM to enable the PCI1520 to generate and drive the clock internally from the PCI clock.

So how do I tell the PCI1520 chip to supply the clock for the TPS222X chip then without programming? EEPROM is empty and PC BIOS has no option to set it (o;

I am using the internal clock as well.

However, I have another problem with the PCI1520:

When I detect a card insertion, I write 10b to bits 4 and 3 of the EXCA_POWER_CONTROL reg, which should send a signal across the P2C serial line to the TPS2220 to apply power to the PC card.

Instead it results in 2 signals on the DATA line (serial interface to TPS222x): The 1st signal is the correct TURN ON signal. The 2nd signal is the TURN OFF signal.

Then later when I detect the card is removed, I write a 00b to bits 4 and 3…. BUT, I do not get any signal…. As if the PCI1520 remembered giving the TURN OFF signal or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back