Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

three 7 segment display over a PIC input

Status
Not open for further replies.

evios

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic 7 segment display

Hi everyone, I am doing a project, and I'm now facing a critical part. As we know 7 segment display has 10 pins, while 7 pins are used for displaying a character. In my project, I am using 3 characters for a particular reading, for example: 123, which means 21 pins involved. And now, I need these readings to the input of a PIC16F886 via a serial communication only at A pin at the RX. How am I able to program the PIC so that I can get the reading accordingly? Or any suggestion that can make use of a SIMPLE additional hardware so that I can get the reading accordingly? Seriously need help, guidance are welcomed. Thanks a lot.

No.You only need 9 maybe 10 pins to control 3 7 segment display. Search a bit around net, tou will find the answer. :)

OK.. i found it ...
but i still need the part on feeding input to the PIC.. anyway thanks

@evios

Can you provide more detail about you project like how seven segment display is getting data and why you want to read using RX Pin of micro controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.