Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thermal printer interface to MCU

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujathabhatt

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello folks...

I am interfacing thermal printer ftp644mcl001 to MCU. I am unable understand how to write code for data in, latch and strobe signals from the datasheet. I am not getting how to send these signals to MCU. Can anyone guide me how to send these signals to MCU? or explain me thru code or theoretically what has to be done?

-----
Sujatha

Can anyone guide me how to send these signals to MCU?
Most signals are sent from the MCU to the printer mechanics.

Did you understand the basic concept of sending a full pixel row serially to a shift register, latching it and sending it to the print head by strobe pulses? Then moving the paper by a pixel distance and printing the next row below.

Thanks for the reply:)

I didn't get enough information about that in datasheet or in internet. Plz explain me or give me a link in which information is good.

I'm referring to the Fujitsu Product Specification www.konkurel.ru/fujitsu/tp/pdftp/FTP-644/644mcl001.pdf

It has a brief description of the printer operation, although it's mainly dedicated to engineers with some experience in printer design, I guess. There may be other Fujitsu documents available.

Hi FVM.. I didn't understand much about the concept of sending a full pixel row serially to a shift register, latching it and sending it to the print head by strobe pulses and moving the paper by a pixel distance and printing the next row below from the datasheet which u had sent.

Can u explain me in simple terms?

___

Sujatha

Status
Not open for further replies.