Status
Not open for further replies.

MSRA

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to build a digital clock using 555 timer,4518,7447 and segments.
BUt the problem is I don't have any idea of that niether i found any appropiate schematics nor theory relating to it....:|
so anyone of you can provide me some useful thory and if posible any schematic of it.:!:

thankx in advance....

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Re: Digital Clock

Hi friend, Happy New Year too,

Below is a file which I uploaded for you. its a digital clock made up of discrete logic components, I think it is a sample circuit file from Proteus, Enjoy!

If you want to learn to design timers/counters, please refer to the book of Albert Malvino, Digital Priciples and Applications.

PS : dont forget to push the "Helped Me" button huh

thank u..
but believe me i have this one......and the reason i don't use it is it doesn't have second in it.

That is wery simply to make seconds indication. You connect 2 7447 and 2 LED display to U11 and U12 like displays of minutes. Timer 555 is not stable. You must use piezo cristall for frequency generator.

jj

OR... You can simply add a LED to monitor the pulse rate of the timer circuit(crystal oscillator would be prefered) and make sure the timer has 60Hz pulse, LED will blink every 1 second. Look what I did below.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…