Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

the VGA Imlementation help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bustigo

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
AA,
How can i get help in imlementing VGA ! is there is a reference discuss that ?

To start with VGA, you need to understand how a screen/monitor/CRT works. You will need to get yourself familiar with the such parameters as horizontal and vertical timings, screen refresh rate/pixel rate, screen resolution, etc.

A very basic VGA requires 3 bit input for the three basic colors i.e. red, green and blue, a combination of these three colors give you 8 different colors. Another two inputs for the VGA screen are the horizontal and vertical syncs, which deals with the horizontal and vertical timings according to the refresh rates, etc.

There are many books and online resources available. I would suggest is the a book FPGA prototyping with Verilog, it has VGA covered in good details.

i found a book titled FPGA prototyping by VHDL there is 2 chapters talkin about vga
tnks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back