Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The value of pull up resistor connected to MCLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

intan

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi! i m confused with the pull up resistor connected to mclr of pic. i do a searching and find out a few value such as 10K or 4.7K. which value is recommended? how to determine it?
thanks

mclr pull up resistor

i dnt understand. can explain more detail. thank you

mclr resistor

i too used 10k, but if u use a reset supervisor , u may not need any of these

mclear vpp

Practically 10K is optimum for MCLR pull up. You may directly use that. No claculations are required as it is just to pull the pin HI. Good luck

mclr vpp circuit

The range of value is quite wide.
I usually don't compute it, and just use 10kohm.
Using too low ohm will drain away more current.
Too high ohm the reaction time for the reset circuit might have some issue perhaps.

mclr vpp

Microchip recommends a 10K pullup resistor on the MCLR line. If you use a debugger (ICD2, ICD, REALICE, etc.) and the resistor is too small it may prevent the debugger from resetting the uP. Also, DO NOT place any capacitors on the MCLR line or it may also interfere with the debugger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back