Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The testing procedure available for sigma-delta ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.

selvaraja

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sigma-delta ADC

HI,

I want to know about the testing procedure involved for sigma-delta ADC For any ADC, whose output is digital data how can we say that the output exactly represent the given analog input signal. I appreciate any help regarding the testing of any ADC.

Thanks

sigma-delta ADC

If you have a sigma-delta ADC (i.e. Sigma-delta modulator + decimation filter) than for you it works similar to any other ADC (successive approx, pipelined etc).

About ADC performance characteristics and testing - look in the following IEEE standart:

IEEE standard for terminology and test methods for analog-to-digital converters - IEEE Std 1241-2000

Re: sigma-delta ADC

you can see in book of W,Sansen.

sigma-delta ADC

you can analyze it in spectral domain. if the signals sprectum are similiar, we think they are similar.

find a basic book
and
famarliy with digital signal process
also analog circuit design

try to find the book "understanding sigma delta data converter"by richard schreier
The author seems to be professional in this region.

Subject your ADC output to an FFT to check
its frequency content and compare it with your input.
Most of the ADC tests use this method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back