Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The simple way to cut PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

sat30

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Anyone knows a simply way to cut PCB? Any advice for a home-made tool?

Thanks in advance

a good hack saw with a fine blade, but wear a mask!!

pd

Thin Fiber-glass PCBs can be cut using a big scrissor. Bakellite (brown) pcbs can be cut using a paper knife . But you will need a hack-saw to cut normal pcbs made of fiber.

Re: Any way to cut PCB??

Friend of mine who made a lot of PCB's at home used a heavy duty guillotine and smoothed off the sides with a mounted disc sander.

I have built a cuting tool for PCB. I used a diamond saw blade on a DC motor and fixed it on a metal plate

Hi,

I'm using decoupling saw for this.It is so cheap to buy it.Guillotines are also good for this but 3 times expensive than decoupling saw :)

Analyzer.

I have a dremel clone, a mini drill with a lot of accessories.
I use it for cut PCB with cutting disks and to make holes.
It was not more expensive (about 35 €)

I have used a "Goscut" nibbler before, although it only nibbles away 1/2" at a time it managed to cut boards OK, sanding them down afterwards.

You can also use a small bandsaw, a tile cutting saw etc.

jochez said:
I have built a cuting tool for PCB. I used a diamond saw blade on a DC motor and fixed it on a metal plate

Can you show a pic? Or specify the device? Thanks.

I use a robust paper ghiliotine, and work very fine

koky said:
I use a robust paper ghiliotine, and work very fine

Would you give us a link where you bought it? Or can you show us a picture of this tool? I'm interested.

Analyzer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back