Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The Renesas M16C Design Contest 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

nooknikz

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
here : **broken link removed**

Renesas is providing the tools to participate in the Contest free of charge (limited quantity). The development boards being given away normally cost $99 each, so Renesas wants to make sure these samples go to people who are seriously interested in entering the contest. The only requirement to receive one is that you take the initiative to see what the M16C Development Environment is all about by going to Renesas Interactive and experiencing a real-time demonstration of the M16C Starter Kit

:sm11:

"I did it" (yesterday), and ordered my 32C84 eval board for free

Lets wait and see how long it will need to ship the eval board to Germany.

It seem that they have reduced the types of boards they offer:
yesterday, I saw 4 modells available to chose from:

R8C-13, R8C-11, M26C/62p, M32C84

from the page of cirquitcellar, you only see the first three environment types. If I log in to the renesas site, i saw all 4 types to be chosen and to reserve.

here is the description link to the missing board:
**broken link removed**

i did receive the M16C28 kit, within about more than a week i think so.

Does the kit contain all necessary parts or is it necessary to order additional parts (processor etc) to get everything working?

It's complete with everything you need, even USB cable is included!

/Froggy

Today I received my board, it has all cable, board, lcd, and compiler cd

Hi All!

I got my M16C board today.
Really cool from Renesas, no question.
I hope I get enough spare time to set up a project
till June.

Btw.: Did anyone get the 5 sample ICs ?

Cheers
Rubi

I donot have experienced with renesas microcontrolle, when this contest finished and is the kit delivered alll over the world (iam in indonesia)?

Salam,

The contest will end on june-2005.
The kit is delivered to all over the world.
I have ordered my kit, and i am waiting :)

SphinX

The exam was not that really intimidating... anyone can try just try to read the tutorial...

I am a campus students from China majoring Micro Electronic . I'm wondering to know whether I can get a kit-----Renesas M16C

skillert said:
I am a campus students from China majoring Micro Electronic . I'm wondering to know whether I can get a kit-----Renesas M16C

As of now the kits are out of stock, just wait and they will give it again.

well can any one tell me tat if i hav to pay the shipment cost ? and if yes how much it is? and how come i be sure tat i m getting a board ( well i succesfully submitted ) ?

Shipping fee is free, you can be sure that you'll get the board when the board arrives in your house.

I got mine on friday, they had me get the m16c/tiny kit due to the others being out of stock. The site still lists the m16c/tiny kit and the r8c/13 kits as being avaliable. The m16c/tiny kit still comes with an lcd. Plus the programmer and the cables to use it all. Although the sample chips they sent me were in the lqfp format and i am having trouble trying to do anything with them. Does anyone know were i can get an adapter to go from 48 pin lqfp to 44 pin plcc or something that i can make a board for and cheap. Thanks.

The Renesas has answered me, but they asked a project description and photograph and even codes. Because the project hasn't begun, the detail description couldn't be done wonderfully, codes too. And now, I don't know how to do next , I've applied the kit _M16C/28 M30280FAHP#D5, which isn't out of stock,
I'm wondering to know whether I could get that .

Email them your block diagram and flowchart, as the codes are not yet done due to the fact that the board hasn't arrived yet.

Many thanks to your answer.
Now I've get the FedEx's call that my kit has already been shipped to Beijing, and the day after tommorrow I'll get it.
I know how to proceed it now!
With regards to your hint.

walla ! guess wat ! i just got my M16C tiny today ! well i m surprised becasue due to some problem in my country it is not usual to get somthing like tat specially if it comes by general postal, this one came by FedEx , and they charged me for tax :evil: any way i m happy :D
well i have seen the contest for M16c is there any for M32 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back