Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The output voltage of KMZ51 Or KMZ52 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heroxue

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
kmz51

I want to make a electronic compass with KMZ52(two KMZ51),But I don't know the range of output voltage value,and I can only found the typical sensitivity value is 16mV/V from the datasheet of KMZ51.So,Is the sensitivity value is the output voltage value?

Any suggestions are welcome.

king

kmz52

The best thing you can do is to build a signal conditioning circuit and measure the output voltage while rotating the KMZ51 by 360° ..
For the test purposes the LM324 opamp should be fine but if you would like to have better linearity you should use a rail-to-rail opamp ..

Rgds,
IanP

BTW. This circuit is "copied" from:
https://www.convict.lu/Jeunes/CompassSensor.htm

kmz51 compass

Thanks for your reply,I am about to use Rail-to-Rail opamp,What about INA2332 from Teax Instrument,you can found it datasheet in the link below:

https://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/ina2332.html

So I have other problems:

1.I didn't not KMZ51 output voltage range,so I cann't make sure of the amplification factor,because I want to use the msp430F247(use 3.3V power supply)
internal ADC to process the output values.

2.If I use Rail-to-Rail opamp, Should I use one rail-to-rail opamp(INA332) or two(INA2332)?

3.Can I use is circuit in attachment?And if I can connect Pin4(V-) to GND?

king
67_1219392074.jpg

kmz52+signal conditioning+circuit

It looks like you need gain of up to 1000 (possibly -> 2000) ..
I woudn't do it in a single stage, so consider the first stage gain of 100 and the second stage gain of 10-to-20 ..
The IN332 can operate with single supply .. see picture below (from the same data sheet) ..
Because of dc coupling, double opamp (IN2332) seems to be better option ..

Rgds,
IanP

ina332 circuit

If I connet My opamp like this, if the opamp can reduce common-mode noise?
As I know,this KMZ51 maximum offset voltage is as much as 1.5mV/V.

King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back