Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The opamp share of ADC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitgrace

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Deal all :

Does any have any experience of ADC using OP sahre method ? Thanks

I think this is used in some time interleave adc,where two pipeline adc is parrelly used to boost the speed,in which case when power comsumption is taken int account opamp in sub s/h circuit is shared for the even and odd sampling coz relatively low speed for the sub adc/dac and high speed for the s/h circuit

What's your question?
opamp sharing is popular is pipeline ADC.
1. for one pipeline, you can use it betweetn two successive stages
2. for time interleaved case, you can use it between two parallel pipeline with 180degree phase.
3. I/Q ADC used in AFE also employ this technique (similar to two pipeline case it 2.)

What is the side effect if the opamp sharing technique is used?

As I know, the opamp is never reset, and this will result in memory effect. Anything else?

BR,
-nathan

Dear All :

Actually , I don't have any experience about this topic . I just know using the OPamp sharing method , The power and die size will reduce, This is my point.
But I don't know how to implement it. I have read some paper, But I still have no sense, Does any have have good suggestions? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.