Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The OP AMP model for step downing AC voltage for ADC of uc

Status
Not open for further replies.

afridii

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i read this blog **broken link removed**
to use uc for determining the AC voltage value (rms). the first step is to step down the AC voltage to the TTL level using OP AMP
and the above blog suggested the OP AMP circuitry

so i need to know which model of OP AMP i should use. I think it is a simple DC gain amplifier application only rating has to be considered. but i am still not sure as i am new in op amp application,
kindly someone help.

regards

You need a rail-to-rail type, general-purpose op amp. What is your supply voltage?

Note that TTL refers to digital signal levels, not analog.

i read this blog **broken link removed**
to use uc for determining the AC voltage value (rms). the first step is to step down the AC voltage to the TTL level using OP AMP
and the above blog suggested the OP AMP circuitry

so i need to know which model of OP AMP i should use. I think it is a simple DC gain amplifier application only rating has to be considered. but i am still not sure as i am new in op amp application,
kindly someone help.

regards
what is meant by 'uc'

You need a rail-to-rail type, general-purpose op amp. What is your supply voltage?

Note that TTL refers to digital signal levels, not analog.

i know that TTL is digital but from that i mean that it is better that i use extreme values of built in ADC of the microcontroller(uc) 0v to 5v. the voltage is 220 volt rms that i will use to determine. i am using atmega8535 uc in this application

- - - Updated - - -

what is meant by 'uc'
uc means microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.