Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The best way to assign a fixed LOW to an input of a module?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanida

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fixed low inputs

Hello.

Just need some confirmation.
What is the best way to assign a fixed LOW to an input of a module?
I want to instantiate a module into my design with inputs that I want to fix as LOW, do I need to declare a new internal wire signal and declare the width, and assign it to LOW?
Or is it perfectly all right for me to assign the value '0' in the module instantiation?
e.g. (.inputname(0)).

Thanks.

fixed low inputs

You can simply use e.g. (.inputname(0)) this approach if you want to make u r inputs either tied to high/low.

Re: fixed low inputs

dcreddy, thanks.
When I did Analysis and Elaboration, I got this warning that says the mentioned signal is connected to a 32 bit bus whereas my signal is a single bit, and the irrelevant bits are ignored.
Is that a waste of connections or is it ok and considered better than declaring a new internal signal wire?

fixed low inputs

You can explicitly tell :

parameter bit_width = 1; // Change according to your bit width

(.inputname({bit_width{1'b0}}))

wanida

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back