Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

the best Embedded Systems to learn for....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miib

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
best embedded system compiler

I am a beginer in this filed, which Embedded System easy to learn and powerful?
Please give me some advise here....

coocox colink

One of the embedded systems you can easily learn is calculator

best embedded system

goood,
I hope u r knowing about 8051 controller. It will be easy if you will do something based on 8051 controller. Different things that you can try are
1. Interfacing with memory
2. External Interrupt handling
3. Interfacing keyboard, Display, Stepper motor switches etc.
4. Communication wih Computer thro serial RS432 or bluetooth module or infrared comminication.
For this u may use MATLAB or Labview in your PC.
these are some basic task to give complete feel of Embedded Environment. Thats what i feel.
Best of luck

Miib

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
how to learn embedded systems

it will be good for u to learn the PIC controller as well

search the google and u can find good books about PIC controller
start from teh 16 series

basic requirements to learn embedded

Go ahead with PIC microcontrollers, easy to learn and plenty of resources available.
you can start with PIC16F or PIC18F families of microcontrollers, you will need a compiler, you have the option to develop in C, BASIC or assembly.
Software requirements:
MikroC is a C compiler targeting PIC microcontrollers, i recommend especially for beginners, demo version available on the internet.
Also you can try MPLAB C18 from microchip, academic version is free.
also there is MikroBASIC, BASIC compiler for PIC.
and there is MikroPascal but i don't know much about it.
Hardware requirements:
you can buy a microcontroller like PIC16F877 or PIC18F452 and start with it.
also you will need the device that program the PIC, its called programmer, there is another device called debbuger/programmer, this type of devices perform programming and debugging your embedded microcontroller, for PIC microcontroller you can use PICkit2 programmer/debugger, its only for 35$ i think.

good luck

coocox

CooCox Colink is a small ARM Cortex M3 JTAG hardware debug probe . CooCox Colink integrates seamlessly into IAR Embedded Workbench and Keil RealView MDK .

CooCox Colink is open, you can Do It Yourself.

Colink Features:
Supports all Arm Cortex-M3 devices
Download speed up to 250 KB/sec *
From 5-pin to 20-pin connector support
Wide target voltage range: 1.2V - 3.3V, up to 5V with optional probe
No power supply required, powered through USB
Plug-and-Play installation using standard Windows USB drivers
Integrates seamlessly into IAR Embedded Workbench and Keil RealView MDK
* Measured with STM32F103 at 72MHz, 6MHz JTAG speed

http://www.coocox.org

Added after 54 seconds:

CooCox Colink is a small ARM Cortex M3 JTAG hardware debug probe . CooCox Colink integrates seamlessly into IAR Embedded Workbench and Keil RealView MDK .

CooCox Colink is open, you can Do It Yourself.

Colink Features:
Supports all Arm Cortex-M3 devices
Download speed up to 250 KB/sec *
From 5-pin to 20-pin connector support
Wide target voltage range: 1.2V - 3.3V, up to 5V with optional probe
No power supply required, powered through USB
Plug-and-Play installation using standard Windows USB drivers
Integrates seamlessly into IAR Embedded Workbench and Keil RealView MDK
* Measured with STM32F103 at 72MHz, 6MHz JTAG speed

http://www.coocox.org

the best way to enter is start with 8051 book by mazidi. learn about basics of micro controller,

Then after understanding the concepts of 8 bit start with 32bit ARM, there no need to study any 16 bit stuff.

in ARM start with ARM7 get a board the ARM 9 let me know if you need any further help

also start with Linux operating systems simultaneously

Hi, i just want know about ARM7 and Linux.
can u give details to work with Linux from the basic level
awaiting reply.

Thanks
dayal

nishantmb said:
the best way to enter is start with 8051 book by mazidi. learn about basics of micro controller,

Then after understanding the concepts of 8 bit start with 32bit ARM, there no need to study any 16 bit stuff.

in ARM start with ARM7 get a board the ARM 9 let me know if you need any further help

also start with Linux operating systems simultaneously

you can start with RED hat or fedora. But fedora is more better option. There are many books available to begin with Linux.
You can check here : **broken link removed**

beside that you can try "Introduction to Linux – A Beginners Guide" by Kapil Sharma.

I think you should also consider devices with dedicated embedded Linux. Visit **broken link removed** . You can see there interesting examples of devices and applications.

Linux was designed for high end processor (with 250 mips and more), higher and faster memory, so for the acadmic purpose it is OK to run Linux on ARM7, but in real life you would be hardly able to do any thing with it.
The advantage of linux lies in support for large number of pripherials, but with ARM7 we hardly use them.In fact FreeRTOS has lots of goddies like TCP/IP, FAT file system and works well.

Or if you really want to try for porting linux in ARM go for a much advanced processor like ARM cortex M3.

Hi,
I have been using PIC microncontrollers for some time with mikroBASIC compiler. For beginners, there is PIC16 and PIC12 and for more advanced there are PIC18, PIC24, dsPIC30, dsPIC33, PIC32. mikroElektronika has free compilers and ebooks. They also have development tools you can buy from them. Check it out at:
FREE compilers:
https://www.mikroe.com/en/compilers/mikrobasic/pro/pic/ [mikroBASIC]
FREE books for beginners:
https://www.mikroe.com/en/books/
FREE development tools:
https://www.mikroe.com/en/tools/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back