Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] The Battary was burned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokoman

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I build a remote car
In this project I have 2 motors that are connected to L298 (Bridge relays) that are connected to the micro controller AT89C
I connect to the micro controller a strong battery with 12 volts and 5 ampere / hour
The problem is that the remote car has a collision with the wall and the wires that connect the battery with the micro controller are burned (the wire isolation gone) this cause to short and the battery take out a white smoke and acid
I want to prevent this situation but I don't know how to do it
After this the battery shows 12 volts, I don't understand this because I thought that the battery was destroyed.
The remote car has a receiver and transmitter when the car are far away and don't receive the signal then the car drive without any control
I want to build an electronic circuit (I think it need to have a connection with the decoder) and I don't want to do it with any computer program that when the car don't receive the signal then the car will stop

hi

go for current limiting circuit, foldback current limiting would be good in your case.

The remote car has a receiver and transmitter when the car are far away and don't receive the signal then the car drive without any control

make the car run only when receiving signal.

Thanks theta, I will glad to receive more comments

I build a remote car
In this project I have 2 motors that are connected to L298 (Bridge relays) that are connected to the micro controller AT89C
I connect to the micro controller a strong battery with 12 volts and 5 ampere / hour

I really doubt weather you get a 5Ah Battery the standard is 4.7Ah.

The problem is that the remote car has a collision with the wall and the wires that connect the battery with the micro controller are burned (the wire isolation gone) this cause to short and the battery take out a white smoke and acid

I can guess what was the speed of the robo. Also the weight !!!!

I want to prevent this situation but I don't know how to do it
After this the battery shows 12 volts, I don't understand this because I thought that the battery was destroyed.
I want to build an electronic circuit (I think it need to have a connection with the decoder) and I don't want to do it with any computer program that when the car don't receive the signal then the car will stop

Alway preferred to use connected clips like in CARS or Motor Bike with sleeves.

If the battery is shorted for a short time the gravity of the battery is lost means no power in the battery to drive anything though you may see voltage but looses the Amps. If shorted you get sparks if the battery is fully charged but will never die unless the short is for a very long period and by time the power(Ah) in battery would also be died.

To control a remote robo or car is easy use some of those remote control key popularly known as PKE(Pasive Keyless Enry) used in CARs. or Buy a toy remote car and use the shcematics.

Finally if you are interested in microcontroller based then the story is different.

Thank you

PS: By the way when use battery as power I don't think we have to use a regulator of the battery Ah. The Ah represents the Amps that can be draw for 20 Hrs base. So you can draw .5A as well as 5 Amp or even 10 A. More you draw less time you get.

Thanks to All,
I search information to how to build current limiting circuit from transistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back