Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The availability of freelance opportunities for analog designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

donmarino

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm an analog designer with 4 years of experience in automotovi applications (low frequency low power ...).
I have received an offer to start as a freelance contractor with a big german company. Could someone give me an idea about the availability of freelance opportunities for analog designer. I'm a little bit worried about the real availability of opportunities as freelance and I wouldn't like to leave my actual permanent job for a contract of 12 months and after this don't find anithing else.

Re: Analog Freelance

But you may be a freelance designer or consultant and continue to work for full time employer. Just use your own time and do the job. I did it and it works well, but you probably have different situation in your country. Any way it worth to try if you feel you can do it after hours.

Best regards,
RF-OM

Re: Analog Freelance

You need to examine the legal restrictions of your full time employment. Do they specifty that you cannot work for other companies? My last employer claimed that I could do work for other companies but could not be an executive in other companies.

To put it in military terms, I could be a private in another company but could not be a sergeant through general in the other company.

Status
Not open for further replies.