Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

testing USB 2.0 phy chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajesh13

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
usb 2.0 phy opencore

I want some help regarding USB 2.0 phy.
basically we have designed the USB 2.0 chip. I want to test this on silicon. I have searched the tektronix web site but they are offering test solution only for full USB 2.0 & not for USB 2.0 phy chip.
So can somebody help me in finding a board or solution which can give me SIE interface signals from one end & D+ & D- signals from another end.

My USB 2.0 phy chip is having D+ & D- pins (USB connector) & digital signals which will be going to the SIE core chip. These digital signals include 16/8 bidirectional data lines & some handshaking signals.

usb phy chip

Does any body have worked on USB 2.0 Phy chip alone. Does there exist vendors supplying USB 2.0 phy chip.

usb phy chip

You can go opencores for free download of usb 2 function controller . To pass USB-IF is just the basic requirement for the phy's quality . There are a lot compatibility issue exsist for different hosts . However it mixed with different system factor include the protcol ,driver,noise, timeout , command abort, bit error, sync ,eop etc.

Nobody said:
You can go opencores for free download of usb 2 function controller . To pass USB-IF is just the basic requirement for the phy's quality . There are a lot compatibility issue exsist for different hosts . However it mixed with different system factor include the protcol ,driver,noise, timeout , command abort, bit error, sync ,eop etc.

What is the site name.

Nobody said:
h**p://www.opencores.org/cvsweb.shtml/usb_funct/rtl/verilog/

Is this also a forum.
I tried this site (I was thinking may be I will get some docs here). But the links talks about the verilog & vhdl stuff. I am interested in the Actual physical testing of USB 2.0 Phy Chip.

I have debug and verifythe USB20PHY IP.
Using two PHY, connect their DP/DM, DM/DP,
force the signal of the UTMI, you may test it .
Good lucky.

You may run the mechod to check it, put two IP in your module and connect their DP/DM, DM/DP, build a crossbar , then add the similar to the UTMI(digit data), NOW, ONLY need check the other UTMI data, you may sure the IP whether OK.

Four years ago, our company used the SMSC ULPI PHY (USB3300).

Beacuse SMSC's UPLI PHY (USB3300) prices is higher,
we continued looking for easy to use and inexpensive alternatives.

Later we find on the pages by USB IF USB2.0 certified products, we found a
RICHNEX (**broken link removed**).

The product (RN1133) very similar to its package and pin-out with the SMSC ULPI PHY (USB3300)
We easily repalce the USB PHY on the board with RN1133.

Because UPLI PHY register set public compliance software, we did not modify the
softwae and function worked.

Today, we still use this chip in our product.

This is my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back