Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Testing on RPM Sensor (Inductive type)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramana Madishetti

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone,

One of my project is going on RPM Sensor (Inductive type) where i want to monitor the readings of the sensor by the micro controller where the controller needs 5VDC from RPM sensor.

Problem is that i know only these details about the sensor,
* RPM Sensor is an inductive type.
* It has pulse output in the range of 24 VDC.

Now i need information about * How to test the sensor (RPM inductive type sensor) mean connections?
* How to isolate the output 24 V to 5 v(were i can use as input to
controller)?

Please help me.

Thanks

* It has pulse output in the range of 24 VDC
hi,
The quote suggests that the sensor output may be an open collector type.

I would recommend that you measure the sensor output pin and determine if there is a voltage present, if NOT connect a 4k7 resistor from the sensor output pin to +5V and then recheck the output signal.
E

EDIT:

If the sensor output is switching between 0V and 24V , a simple resistive divider will reduce the 24Vdc to +5Vdc.
Connect a 3.9K resistor and a 1K resistor is series.
Connect the free end of the 3k9 to the sensor output and the free end of the 1k to 0V common.
Connect the junction of the 3k9 and 1k to the MCU input pin.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.