Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Testing an embedded core - advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

swov

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Testing an embedded core

Hi,

I'm working with TetraMax to test an embedded core, the core has been IEEE1500 wrapped, and is fitted with multiple internal scan-chains.

Lets say I have bought a mp3 decoder as a Hard IP-core. And the designer has given me his design and have embedded it into my design. The designer also provided me with test-patterns to test his core.

Now it is part of my design and IEEE1500 gives me direct access to the core. The scan-chains aswell as the in and outputs of the core via the IEEE1500 Wrapper Boundary Register. So I can use the patterns the core-provider has given me, but as of yet I have found no way of telling Tetramax it should use them, or how it should be done.

Tetramax has the a pattern mapping feature for internal cores with previously generated patterns, but it is unable to perform the mapping as this mapping functionality does not support the load_unload operations in the provided test-paterns (Which I believe are vital for a core with scan chains)

does anybody of you guys know of a way to proceed?

Re: Testing an embedded core

Does anybody have any experience with IEEE1500?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back