Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tested circuits for filtering voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

headman333

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anybody have built tested circuits for filtering voice?

Re: FILTER

Your best bet is active. Several companies that make op amps have free design programs.

FILTER

What do you want to do?
Filter out background noise so the voices are 300Hz to 3kHz so they sound awful like a telephone?

Sir.Thanks to your reply
Actually I'm designing a microphone pre-amp suitable for studio recording.
I'm looking for a much better filter circuits for this design.

headman333 said:
I'm looking for a much better filter circuits for this design.

Better than what ? How looks the present design ?

FILTER

wht r ur constrain in circuit design?

FILTER

headman333

i belive a digital filter can help u much more
i know u r not going to use a dsp inside ur circuit , but i think u can do the required processing at PC side , better than that, is to use a dsp.

so, u just put a low pass filter on the signal comming out from the main microphone circuit. the resultants will be sampled by A/D and then the DSP task begins. there u can do very wide range of filterings. For example an elliptic IIR filter is so nice. it can do great job for u consuming very few of ur system resources

good luck

FILTER

A recording studio and the electronic amplifiers are supposed to be quiet. Then there is nothing to filter out.

Thanks a lot guys!
one of my specs is to use a PC for recording and one of my constraints is designing a low cost audio mixer that performs equal to or greater than traditional recording studio.

Added after 3 minutes:

Thanks a lot mami_hacky!

But, what do you mean by processing at pc side, and do you have an available and tested circuit for elliptic IIR filter?

headman333 said:
Does anybody have built tested circuits for filtering voice?
you can use the chip set designed for filtering. search to find a module using this chip set.

Status
Not open for further replies.