Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Test CD #YEDS-7 for Pioneer CD Changer

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherlock

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to repair a Pioneer CD changer (mine) that has a couple of problems. The laser unit was bad, so I obtained a replacement from Pioneer and have installed it. The service manual (which I already have) gives alignment instructions for the laser and main board using a test CD #YEDS-7. Pioneer wants several hundred dollars for this test CD, which is more than double the worth of the changer! I would have bought it for $20 or so, but their price isn't a good investment for fixing one CD changer. I've downloaded Bink's Audio Test CD and this is fine as far as test tones go, but I'm getting unclear results on the alignment tests and don't know if it's because I don't have the right test CD or not. Does anyone here have a copy of the Pioneer YEDS-7 test CD they would be willing to share? TIA to all.

sherlock

Status
Not open for further replies.