Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Teletext issuse on STi5518

Status
Not open for further replies.

grinder213

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey all,

I know that this chip is ancient stuff, but never the less it's still in use. I have been experiencing a problem with the teletext hardware DMA/DENC in combination with the ST API/driver. It looks to me that the problem is caused by a high waiting time to acces the teletext DMA of the DENC.

The problem causes visible glitches in the teletext data, which can be identified on a PAL television.

The problem occurs when the payload of the teletext PES stream gets close to the actual limit of the teletext part of a transcoded PAL VBI. This is only some services that has such a data rate on theri teletext which make the problem rare.

I have discovered that some other STB's using the STi5518 has the same problem.

I have tried to tweak the ST drivers but not solving the problem.

Anyone in here ever heard of this problem or maybe has an idea/hint on how to solve it?

Regards

--
grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back