Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tektronix Scope --- TCPIP --- Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

powersys

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tds3014b scope matlab

We hv few Tektronix scopes in our lab. One of them is TDS3014B, and I found a ethernet port at the real panel of the scope. Can we write a program (e.g. using Matlab, Visual Basic, C#, etc) to control the scope as well as retrieve data from the scope? Pls advise. Thanks.

scope for pc tektronix

The ethernet port is for remote control.

" The TDS3000B is truly an e*Scope, allowing you to control it via the Internet using your PC from anywhere. Simply connect your TDS3000B to your LAN via its built-in , Ethernet port open a browser window on your PC and enter the TDS3000B's IP address into the URL window. The oscilloscope will respond and allow you to control it from your browser. You can download e*Scope control software to your PC for a graphical interface that displays the TDS3000B screen and front panel controls for easy access.

e*Scope control gives you simple remote access to your TDS3000B measurement instrument – whether across the room or across the globe. You can check operation of your prototype running in the lab from your desktop PC, help service technicians troubleshoot equipment at remote locations or gather data from a colleague's instrument at another development site. e*Scope extends your work space from your bench to the whole world."

powersys

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
tektronix tcpip instrument control -visa

Yuo an use the browser to loginto the scope and acquire the data..You need to know the MAC/IP assigned to the scope

I wrote a Matlab program to communicate with the scope. I can access data from Channel 1 and 2, but not Channel 3 and 4. The scope has 4 channels physically...

Can i pls have the matlab code you used. Further can you pls help me to write a matlab code to access the ethernet port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back