Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tcpip/ppp controller integrated circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

polarized

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
+ppp +seiko

Hi all,

Is there an integrated circuit which is similar to the obselete Seiko S7600 which had an tcpip stack embedded in the chip itself together with all of the other protocols like the dial up PPP etc...?

Bye.

at+i tns010

Look for example here:
hxxp://www.lantronix.com/products/eds/xport/index.html

Xport is a complete internetserver ready to go :)

Also look here:
hxxp://www.elektroda.pl/eboard/viewtopic.php?t=43996&highlight=xport

best regards

Hi,

But xport from lantronix is not a dialup device, its ethernet based. I would need a PPP serial connection to the ISP, like it is in a standard modem internet connection, where the operating system (Windows) manages all of the protocols tcp/ip and ppp and the user does not have to bother with all of the details. I would like to have a integrated circuit which does this.The Seiko s7600a did exactly that, but they stopped the production??!!??Who knows why?!

Regards.

Sorry the only other controller I know is epson S1S60000 but I am afraid it does also not support ppp.

best regards

Take a look at the Ubicom website! 8O
They have a SX evaluation kit as simple webserver with PPP over RS232. :idea:

It's more specific than Seiko but has hardware PPP and TCP/IP stack and ready to send emails. Take a look at:
**broken link removed**

Alternatively you can look at:
http://www.connectone.com/html/ichip.htm for CO561AD-S

Probably you know about www.iready.org a strong support for S7600. Read on iready phorum some thoughts concerning Seiko versus Connectone **broken link removed**

Regards,
Silvio

Ubicom makes network processor with communications and control functions implement in software.
They have TCPIP/PPP, but I am note sure that they have dial up PPP

**broken link removed**

Hi,

Did anyone of you ever had some experience with the tcpipchip TNS010. The data sheet can be found on this page www.tcpipchip.com

Where to find Hynix HMS91C7432 and
Seiko S7600A in volume? As far I know
S7600A is an obsolote part know.
Anyone knows the prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back