Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Synthesize And gate instead of LUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng.fedail

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,
Down is part of my ode

Code:
variable counter : Integer RANGE 0 to 7 := 0;
Code:
if (counter = 7) then
valid <= '1';
end if;

After Synthesize the if condition the result is about LUT to output one at valid signal, I'd like to use and gate instead of that, any idea? I have tried to implement signal instead of variable but I couldn't cause of the Index and the Boolean condition.

thanks

The question doesn't seem to make sense. If you are synthesizing the logic for a specific device, the compiler will use the logic elements available for it, may be LUT (FPGA) or macro cells (CPLD). Which device do you expect to provide LUTs and AND gates alternatively?

The question doesn't seem to make sense. If you are synthesizing the logic for a specific device, the compiler will use the logic elements available for it, may be LUT (FPGA) or macro cells (CPLD). Which device do you expect to provide LUTs and AND gates alternatively?

The question and your answer for me make sens, Cause I understand now it's related to the device while I was thinking I can build up gates in FPGA

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back