Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Syntax Highlighting for Matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

weetabixharry

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
We see a lot of Matlab code on edaboard, but I can't seem to find an appropriate syntax highlighter. The closest language I could see was Scilab. However, it doesn't seem to work.

If I apply syntax highlighting to this C++ code, it looks okay:

Code C++ - [expand]
for (int i=0; i<10; i++)
    std::cout << "Hello World" << std::endl;

However, attempting the same thing with Scilab leads to some rubbish getting printed out:

Can we have a Matlab syntax highlighter added to edaboard?

Last edited by a moderator:

The built-in Matlab editor highlights the code.
Perhaps there is a highlighter for Octave (a GNU free, Matlab-like program with the same syntax).

Z

The built-in Matlab editor highlights the code.
Perhaps there is a highlighter for Octave (a GNU free, Matlab-like program with the same syntax).

Z

Yes, the Matlab editor highlights it nicely. When using Octave, I find that Notepad++ (also free, GNU GPL) highlights text as required.

Do you think it would it be possible to port similar functionality into edaboard? (When posting in the forum, clicking "Go Advanced"... the "syntax highlighter" dropdown offers neither Matlab nor Octave).

I think proper syntax highlighting would significantly enhance the quality of the edaboard forum. I feel we lag behind, for example, StackOverflow in this respect. Who can I even submit a request to? Any attempts I have made to contact moderators in the past have been met with silence.

I think proper syntax highlighting would significantly enhance the quality of the edaboard forum.
Yes. It would be nice. The editor should allow to paste formatted text.

Who can I even submit a request to? Any attempts I have made to contact moderators in the past have been met with silence.
Maybe by private message to the Administrator or another Moderator.
"Report post" button is intended for other uses, but "Contact us" link at the end sends an e-mail to the administrator.

Regards

Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back