Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

synopsys tools all in one ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxss.wang

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
I have three tools of synopsys.
Can I install them to same path ? ( /synopsys )

thanks!!

what type of tools you want to install? some one you can do it, some one not.
i remember there are no problem just like $yn, pt & tm@x etc. but for hsp!ce, ap0llo, i don't think so.
maybe you better install them in a same root directory, just like /home/syn0psys, & separate them in different sub-directory, just like SYN, PT, HSPICE etc.

no need to install them in one directory. you will have problem if some of them have different versions.

I used to install them in different directory.

what are your tools?

pt & pc & pp (same version 2003.12)

I like to install to one path /synopsys

Hello,

I think it also depends on which version you use. You know pt has pts (standalone) and pt. The former need you to install it standalone and the late one need you install it with syn tools.

all in one root directry, but everyone has its own "house" . it's easy for you to upgrade some tool later.

is it good for all in one root ?

Install the synopsys tools according to the default path, otherwise, there always is some library confliction and it will take a long time to fix it.

But if install all in the same root directry,i dont think it's also convenient for upgrage!

never install in 1 directory
no matter what any1 says
may get fatal error bcause of memory conflict

If the version is standalone,it can't be installed in the same path,or some files will be overrided by different version.

Status
Not open for further replies.