Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

switching powee supply problem using NE5561

Status
Not open for further replies.

erif

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Need help to solve problem in start-up in a switching power supply using NE5561, this circuit use a circuit to get 12VDC from the 300VDC main, using a PTC and transistor.

It still working only 5 second and shutdown, all components seems OK in NE 5561 circuit, I test this circuit with and external 12VDC and work OK.

When work for this 5 second or more, all DC output voltages are OK.

Pleas need urgent help, thanks erif

Do you have the schematic of the start-up circuit?

Schematics, please. Waveforms and/or voltage readings also.

We try to help, but without meaningful info, it is only a guessing game.

Need help to solve problem in start-up in a switching power supply using NE5561, this circuit use a circuit to get 12VDC from the 300VDC main, using a PTC and transistor.

It still working only 5 second and shutdown, all components seems OK in NE 5561 circuit, I test this circuit with and external 12VDC and work OK.

When work for this 5 second or more, all DC output voltages are OK.

Pleas need urgent help, thanks erif

[B]That is one of the problem, don´t have start-up circuit[/B]

Is impossible to get technical specifications for PTC C887

So if you have no startup circuit, how are you starting the NE5561 from 300 volts?????

Show us what you have done so far.
What topology are you planning to use?

But I can tell you one thing already.....To reduce from 300 to 12 volt you will require either a flyback or forward topology. And in those topologies, the NE5561 is not a suitable controller.

Check the support winding filter capacitor (once IC starts working through 300V line it needs a continuous dc supply for working which generally is fed through a separate winding + diode & filter capacitor)
Most of the time failure happens to this small filter capacitor due to stress.

if power supply is older than 4~5 years this is very common.

Dear, thanks for your cooperation, after a long time I found problem, was "PTC", I replace for a normal R and power supply work fine.-
Thanks to all that support the help.-

Status
Not open for further replies.