Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switching Flyback Transformer Choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFEE

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to design a circuit that will convert 120VAC (60Hz) to 16.5VDC and is capable of supplying 1A of current. Im using a flyback topology to make a switching power conversion. Since this area of electronics is fairly new to me I decided to use WEBENCH to design the circuit.

I'm happy with how easy it is to make a design in WEBENCH but I'm not sure how to find the transformer that will meet the specifications they have given

• Lp = 617.038 uF (555.334 uF - 678.741 uF)
  • Rp = .100 Ohms (100 uOhms - .457 Ohms)
  • Ns1:Np = .158
  • Leakage = 12.3 uH (6.17 uH - 24.7 uH)
  • Ns2:Np = .33
  • Num outputs = 2
  • Primary winding = 1
  • Rs1 = .016 Ohms
  • Rs2 = .033 Ohms
  • Ip = 1.123 A (1.03 A - 9.36 A)

Do any of you know of a part that meets this spec? Would I have to have this part custom made? Could I use a kit to make this part? Any help much appreciated.

A reasonable transformer design tool should give you core size and air gap, wire gauge and number of turns.

Manufacturers of magnetic components, e.g. Coilcraft and Wuerth electronics have a number of catalog flyback transformers, you may find a type that roughly fits your specification.

Status
Not open for further replies.