Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

switching device for on off control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balaji Mc

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
switching device for on off control in AC circuits

Hi, i'm a beginner to power electronics. I'm doing a project in which I need a semiconductor switching device that provides on-off control using positive or negative pulse respectively for switching AC circuit. Please tell me which device I should use (SCR, GTO, Transistor, etc) and also its model no. Thanks in advance

I would use back to back mosfets for switching THE AC power.
You could drive them via a pulse trafo, or a gate driver supplied from an isolated high side supply.

I would use back to back mosfets for switching THE AC power.
You could drive them via a pulse trafo, or a gate driver supplied from an isolated high side supply.

thank u @teez, gate driver might my requirement. But can u provide me any circuit or any link where i can learn more about it?

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
driving gates of fets.....search for a tital in google like "high speed mosfet drive" , and the author is Laszlo Balogh.
That will give you good ides on gate drive

Status
Not open for further replies.