Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switching between 3.3v and 5v power output

Status
Not open for further replies.

vvanders

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
switching 5v by 3.3v

I'm currently in the process of trying to build a really simple logic analyzer. As part of this I want to be able to interface with TTL, CMOS and other logic level busses. I found this which should handle my level shifting just fine.

Where I'm running into issues is trying to set the VCCB of the external bus via digital logic. On my board I've got 5v and 3.3v and would like to be able to source VCCB with either one of those voltages set via digital logic(3.3v).

I've thought about using a npn/pnp transistor pair but my transistor knowledge is a little rusty and if I remember right I won't be able to pass a full 5v due to the diode drop. I've also thought about using an analogue switch but I don't think they can source much current, any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back