Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

switch on/off network connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfhossein

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i want to switch on/off 2 lines of network connector .
is there any ic that works as switch digital signal?
I want to replace the relay with a ic.
con123.png

thanks

Last edited:

You can use an analog switch, a gate with an enable signal, an AND gate (if you just need a zero output, and not a floating signal).

Perhaps unnecessary to remind that ordinary analog switches have limitations on bandwidth, that means it should be carefully chosen if your chipset is supposed to work at 100Mb/s or above.

thanks for your answer, can you say example of ic (analog switch)
What's your speed?

Just go to a manufacturer's website (analog devices, ti, etc.) and see what they have that meets your required bandwidth. (If you're running gigabit Ethernet, then you probably won't find an analog switch that will work.)

But, I have to ask: why do you want to do this to begin with?

What's your speed?

Just go to a manufacturer's website (analog devices, ti, etc.) and see what they have that meets your required bandwidth. (If you're running gigabit Ethernet, then you probably won't find an analog switch that will work.)

But, I have to ask: why do you want to do this to begin with?
I want to switch between 2 server connections with 2 different IPs. For network security

I want to switch between 2 server connections with 2 different IPs. For network security
That's not what your doing in your first post. There, you're connecting LAN_1_1 to LAN_1_0, or leaving both signal floating.

And you still haven't said what your speed is.

A manual operation of the switch, or under PC control ?

Regards, Dana.

very thanks for your answers, i searched and find this ic (ADG901)
is it suitable for my purpose?

switch: 30 seconds on - 30 seconds off

Attachments

• A3.png
    A3.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 111
  • A1.png
    A1.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 101
  • A2.png
    A2.png
    112.4 KB · Views: 104