Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switch in spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

parth22

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am using a relay in Ltspice , but it is not tripping at threshold value.
is there anything wrong in simulation or approach?

Attachments

• prac1.png
    prac1.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 126

sorry to be lazy, but can you zip the .asc file and send.......

..i think you have to state the hysteresis too.

Hi,

what do you expect to see? I do not see an initial condition for the capacitor by means of a charge / voltage i.e.

.ic V(n001) =10

This would show a discharge of the capacitor. In your case, you will see nothing, as there is no current or voltage source, nor charge, on the "switched side" (capacitor side) of the switch is involved. The used switch is like a relay, V1 only controls the switching, but does not contribute any current/voltage to the "switched side".

BR

Double fault. As stated, your circuit has no features to show if the switch is on or off. In addition, applying exactly Vth doesn't turn it clearly on.

Hi,

what do you expect to see? I do not see an initial condition for the capacitor by means of a charge / voltage i.e.

.ic V(n001) =10

This would show a discharge of the capacitor. In your case, you will see nothing, as there is no current or voltage source, nor charge, on the "switched side" (capacitor side) of the switch is involved. The used switch is like a relay, V1 only controls the switching, but does not contribute any current/voltage to the "switched side".

BR
My expectation is like....if switch is on,,,V1 charge the capacitor.

No, it does not. As mentioned above, the switch acts like a relay. So "primary" side and "secondary" side are galvanically isolated. No energy is transfered to the side (secondary) where the capacitor is attached. V1 only controls the switching, like you would change the state of an ordinary (pure) mechanical switch by you finger/hand.

BR

No, it does not. As mentioned above, the switch acts like a relay. So "primary" side and "secondary" side are galvanically isolated. No energy is transfered to the side (secondary) where the capacitor is attached. V1 only controls the switching, like you would change the state of an ordinary (pure) mechanical switch by you finger/hand.

BR
Yes I got it.
I have to add a voltage source on the another terminal of switch....
it's okah.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.