Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sweep .data and monte analysis together

Status
Not open for further replies.

chilly_5

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

I am trying to find performance of RCA with different bias values.
.tran 1ns 100ns sweep monte = 100 and .tran 1ns 100ns sweep DATA=vbias these two statements need to be combined, so that for every
data in the data block, ie vpbias=0.8, vnbias=0.2 transient analysis is done on 100 random samples.
I am a beginner using hspice, please help.

Now I am using .alter for each case of vpbias and vnbias combination. It would create minimum of 25 .mtx files to observe the results in matlab.
Is there any other method to do this.

What does 'RCA' mean?
Is it 'Ripple Carry Adder'?

yes RCA is ripple carry adder. I need to read all the date generated in hspice and plot in matlab. Using .alter creates different .mt0, .mt1 files.
Is there a better method to do this.??

Salaam Chilly
If you want to measure RCA performance, whit multiple VDD supply, you can use such flow.
For testing Ripple carry adder for random data you should use Digital input vector file which contain your input data, output expected data,data input period and...

then you can sweep your vdd and measure critical path delay as your minimum achivable period for data input.

Attached please find a sample if Digital input Vector.

Status
Not open for further replies.