Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

surface wave bandgap characterization of EBG structures

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahid78

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
characterisation of ebg

Hi

in order to find the surface wave bandgap of periodic structure, the best method is to find the dispersion diagram of periodic structure using unit cell and eigen mode solver in CST.
i am just wondering does anybody successfully find the surface wave bandgap of EBG structure using this approach.
i will be obliged if someone uplaod his model and tell us how he has done it

secondly in some papers . people are using microstrip line over EBG structure and from S21 they are extracting surface wave bandgap.

i have doubt about this method . i mean is this method take into account both TE and TM wave bandgaps? if not what other method we can use to find the surface wave band gap of periodic structures

i hope many people will benefit if someone share his knowlege over here

looking forward to hearing your comments guys

regards

Hi shahid78
I think the dispersion diagram of periodic structure using unit cell or eigen mode solver in CST only help u to find out the natural physical.
But the problem of EBG is application on the real.
When using EBG in application, for example: the antennas, u will see that EBG is more and more different and complex. However, with 3 classic model of EBG, u can research them on the real so easy.

hi

i dont understand what do you mean by 3 classic model of EBG?

also i dont think so the behaviour of EBG and its application is much different.

can you explain a bit what you want to say

thanks

Hi

anyone manage to successfuly simulate the surface wave bandap of EBG structures using probes or loops using CST or HFSS?

any comments would be helpful

regards

Hello Shahid,
The EBG solution which I sent you is equivalent to probe model in CST. So the S21 results will give you the desired bandgap.

Regards
Praful

Hi prafuldeo,

which model are you talking about ? Can you explain to me a little bit more ?

regards

piboo

Hi Piboo,

It was using finite ebg structures and putting two ports at each sides. The boundary conditions are kept open space. This gives the results as practical measurment.

Regards
Praful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back