Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Surface mount PIN diode marking identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

varaprasad

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a shortcircuited (it failed) surface mount component. I'm pretty sure it is a PIN diode and the package will be SOT23 3-pin.It´s associated to the RF switching circuitry.

Any body can help me to identity the part number for this below PIN diode marked as PD8

the only common 3 pin sot23 pin diodes are from Avago (used to be HP). See if one of those match. try to find some older HP or agilent data sheets, as avago probably changed the markings. HSMP-4820 is a common one

Thanks for your reply and i have seen the all the PIN diodes datasheet from sky works and iam unable to find the SOT23 package PIN diode with PD8 top marking.

Could you please help me to send the diode partnumber.

Skyworks was formed by a joint between Alpha Industries and Conexant in 2002. The pin diodes department that is now part of Skyworks, were part of Alpha Ind. before.
I think you have a pin diode dating before 2002, with an old marking.
Generally if you place a pin diode in a circuit in reverse, nothing damage. So you can try to replace with existing 1304 or 1307 and see if the circuit works.

I have tried with the 1304 diode, but the circuit having problem with the response time for the switching function.

Could you please help me by sharing the datasheet link for the pin diode having the top marking code of as PD8 or PE8.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

If you need very fast switching time PIN diodes are not the option, because they have generally a switching time (from low to high current) somewhere between 0.5usec and 1.5usec.
BAP65 from NXP seems to have faster switching time than others:
**broken link removed**

Otherwise most of the silicon switching diodes would have faster switching time than a PIN diode (<50nsec).

**broken link removed**

So it is possible that in your circuit, to not be a PIN diode, if needs switching time faster than about 1usec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back