Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Supply current of linear LED driver IC when LEDs off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the datasheet gives only rating for 470R=5.5mA and 250R=10.1 but it is a linear relation

470*5.5mA is 2.585v
250*10.5mA is 2.625v

so if you calculate with a mean value of 2.6v/1k=2.6mA

Alex

Reactions: eem2am

eem2am

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thankyou,

I see that the linear relation does look the most likely thing.......

-but then however, if it really was linear over all values of REXT, then i thought they would have put a graph showing it thus.

-So I am not convinced that its linear over all values of REXT.

There are two possible answers, depending on your intention:

- If you want to know the expectable current, Alex' calculation is pretty reasonable. You can make it even more exact by considering the third REXT = open point, and get 2.2 mA and an nearly perfect linear relation.
- If you want to read a guaranteed maximum current from the datasheet, e.g. for a power supply dimensioning, all calculations and estimations are void. The only validated assumption is, that the current will be below the specified maximum current for REXT = 470R.

Reactions: eem2am

eem2am

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back