Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

superhetrodyne transceiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

bor

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
description of superhetrodyne

hi everyone..ehmm anyone know about superhetrodyne transceiver..? need help...?

Hi

For a quick review about superheterodyne architecture look at RAZAVI's RF Microelectronic book (uploaded in MCU).

Regards

Here you go...

are you a student ?

first time in rf ?

**broken link removed**

A superheterodyne receiver basically in corporates LNA, BPF filters to perform Band selection operation, Image Rejection operation and Channel selection operation. It also in corporates two stages of downconversion mixer hence resulting in the name of hetero(different) and dyne(mix).Superheterodyne receiver has superior image and adjacent channel rejection capabilities, with a tradeoff of high power dissapation compared to its counterpart of homodyne receiver

Rgds

thanx you very much.. haa..i am new in this electronic field...

is there any different between superhetrodyne transceiver and superhetrodyne receiver..?

maybe u guys know about superhetrodyne transceiver for RFID application

Transceiver processes and sends the RF signals, while receiver catchs and processes the RF signals, almost in inverse sequence than the first one.
Supeheterodine system is the same in both (works in the same maner).
You may read a book about RF electronics (like RF microelectronics by Razavi).

Superhetrodyne receiver translates the RF to so-called IF by the first mixer to perform filtering and amplification. So the filter at RF and IF is refered to as Channel select filter and Image reject filter, which bring good performance. Then, the IF signal is downconverted to the baseband by the second mixer.

Compare to the homodyne, hetrodyne has no DC offset problem, much less flicker noise impact, but more complicated design and image problem.

For wideband wireless communications, such as ieee802.11a, both the research and the industry area all tend to use directconversion receiver.

cheers

the concepts can be caught easily. the TI application note has detailed description. how to decide the parameter value of every level is difficult.
I found nothing from google, can anyone tell me where I can find papers?
THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back