Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

supercapactior step up converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspirecole

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to boost my supercap voltage to 24V.. the rated voltage for the supercap is 16.2. i only want to operate it from 10V-15V only... which chip or IC is suitable to control the output voltage of the boost converter to 24V constant even the supercap voltage is decreasing from 15-10V.

It's a usual boost converter specification. You'll find suitable chips at major manufacturers like TI, Linear, Fairchildsemi. The choice depends e.g. on your current demand.

It's a usual boost converter specification. You'll find suitable chips at major manufacturers like TI, Linear, Fairchildsemi. The choice depends e.g. on your current demand.

if my demand is 10A output current.. which model is suitable?

10 A output current refers to >24 A input current at 10V. An external switch transistor is required in this case. A standard current mode controller like UC3842, together with respectively strong MOSFET, a 10A schottky diode and storage inductor can do. For synchronous switching (lower losses), you can e.g. use LM5122.

10 A output current refers to >24 A input current at 10V. An external switch transistor is required in this case. A standard current mode controller like UC3842, together with respectively strong MOSFET, a 10A schottky diode and storage inductor can do. For synchronous switching (lower losses), you can e.g. use LM5122.

UC3842 can make the output constant even the supply is changing?

Yes, by connecting the feedback loop as voltage controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back