Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Summation of two signals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Japhet55

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Whats the best way to sum two voltages in design. I have two dc voltages, one from a low pass filter and another from an external control signal. Whats the best way to add these two voltagee before inputting them to a single pin?

You'll need to use an op-amp configured as an adder... have a read of this it's an excelent resorce for op-amps and their various configurations.

Whats the best way to sum two voltages in design. I have two dc voltages, one from a low pass filter and another from an external control signal. Whats the best way to add these two voltagee before inputting them to a single pin?
Hi may i know the purpose of summation of those signals ?

Hi may i know the purpose of summation of those signals ?

Hi, thank you for your response. I intend on using the summed voltage as an input to a VCO. The external voltage is passed through a Potentiometer to kind of act as a phase shifter or control the frequency on what the VCO will output

Hi,

Often used: just two resistors.
But it's no "perfect" summation. The (only) drawback is that you lose a bit of gain.

If there is an active filter ... there is a good chance that there is one node with almost perfect conditions to "add" the external signal.

For better assistance we need to see your schematic.

Klaus

MFB might be one possibility. Here example is Khz LPF

1609934160008.png

1609934203224.png

1609934723741.png

Regards, Dana.

Last edited:

Hi,

Often used: just two resistors.
But it's no "perfect" summation. The (only) drawback is that you lose a bit of gain.

If there is an active filter ... there is a good chance that there is one node with almost perfect conditions to "add" the external signal.

For better assistance we need to see your schematic.

Klaus

What component can i use to add the voltage from the potentiometer with the one from the Low pass filter?

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    71.7 KB · Views: 121

Hi,
What component can i use to add the voltage from the potentiometer with the one from the Low pass filter?
We gave some solutions. What's wrong with them?

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back