Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

suitable transmitter type and design

Status
Not open for further replies.

quaternion

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am not sure that I post at the right place.
I am new in the field of transmitting and recieving.
The transmitter is a wireless one.
It is a part of a project and not stand alone one and so minimizing complexity and cost is a must. It is used as a control for a semi on-off operation.It is contained in a device (also under design and can be changed) that operates with a PIC micro-controller that checks for a secret code and if the code is right control is enabled,and the Tx transmitt signals that control the on-off operation which is also controlled by a PIC µC(i.e. a Rx give the info to the PIC and the PIC controls the operation ).Noting that there are other work in the same project that i didn't talk about so the design needed to be less complex as I said before.Also notnig that the PICs are small ones that are used in normal control applications.
So in order to minimize Rf problems I was recommended to work at 1MHz carrier. As a start I think to transmit the digital info as ASK(amplitude shift keying) but I face some problems that make me to rethink about the modulation type to be used.Also the transmitter and its PIC info source are wanted to operate with a DC source in the range of 9 to 12 V (is this sufficient knowing that the transmitter operating range is no more than 20 meters).Also I decided to use a class AB power amplifier to drive the antenna, which is choosen to be a normal loop antenna (coil around a ferrite rod).

Which modulation type is recommended in this case and if a suitable IC for modulation and mixing is available please I need its no.
And many thanks in advance.

I forgot to say some thing the available time to finish the whole project is 2 weeks.
(It seems to me impossible but I have no choice0

Status
Not open for further replies.