Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestions of AVR related resources for beginners

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng_mahmoud87

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
plz if some one can help me i want to learn AVR iwant to :learn which model will i use it first .refrence for use it and so on ....

codevisionavr1.23.8

AVR isn't hard to work with, so you can start with a microcontroller thas has full features, like timers, ADC, SPI, UART..., and learn to use them step by step.
I started with ATmega 8, but ATmega 16, and others can be also good since they have more pins.

You can buy a kit (STK 500,...) or build your own board.
For software writing you can start with assembler - AVR Studio from Atmel website is free and powerfull.
For C programming you can use GCC from AVR Studio, or GCC + WinAVR (freeware), or CodeVision AVR. Just google around...

To write the program from hex file to uC u can use Pony prog and hardware from www.lancos.com, or a kit, if you bought it.

You will find good AVR articles on www.avrfreaks.net and elsewhere

download codevisionavr1.23.8

as eugen wrote u first find out the suitable mcu and then explore it around fiddling with the application notes provided at the websites but one thing i would like you to say that as you are a beginner so avr studio with the avr gcc port as a compiler will be a bit difficult for you to handle . if you want some what easy fundtionality then try rowley associates ide they provide free trial version and that could be extended by mailing them again

bascom avr 1.11.9.1 serial

may be ATMEGA 32 or ATMEGA 8535 or etc, use Code Vision and don,t forget use code wizard.

avr studio iran micro

Can anybody upload the kit for studing AVR ?

Thanks

write eeprom+bascom avr+Ùˆ

AVR Studio® 4 is the new professional Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for writing and debugging AVR® applications in Windows® 9x/NT/2000/XP environments.

AVR Studio 4 includes an assembler and a simulator.

AVR Studio is a free programm. You can download it from h**p://www.atmel.com

free bascom avr compiler ver. 1.11.7.4 soft ware

بص ابعتلى رساله خاصه و انا حظبطك
there is mikrobasic it is very good compiler

john morton avr an introductory course download

Book: "AVR microcontroller: a introductory course" by John Morton/Newnes is excellent guide. You may have and study it only to understand well about AVR.

AVR BRGINNER

yes

it is good but it does have very preliminary topices

Re: AVR BRGINNER

eng_mahmoud87 said:
plz if some one can help me i want to learn AVR iwant to :learn which model will i use it first .refrence for use it and so on ....
Depending on your interests and application select an AVR from a very wide range aval at Atmel.com.
1. I can suggest AT90S4433 (it is one of simple ones)
2. If you dont have a avr programmer use "PonyProg" a very simple and cheap (few resistors and a xtal connected to PC parallel port). As u know AVR need 4 wires to burn code into its EEPROM. so naturally if u design its programmer using PC parallel port it is only few current limiting resistors. But programming algorithm is a bit complex.
3. Go to www.avrfreaks.net for thousands of samples, free c compilers, link to complete projects, programmers etc
4. Then you can download "WinAVR" a state of art opensource project for AVR C compiler and symbolic debugger. It can work with all available AVR dev kits and guess what ? can burn the code directly into PonyProg
5. Here u can find a good intermediate level project h**p://www.linuxfocus.org/English/September2002/article253.shtml

Hi
for starting atmega8 is very good because it dosent have jtag and is simpler than others.download the atmega8 datasheet from atmel site and for begining if u prefer use assemply code.u can use avr studio 4 for programing and assebling and even simulating micro then u can use codevision for programming.u can download stk200 or 300 programmer.it is only a cabe connection use parallel port for programing and u yourself can make it.but af first learn fuse bits of micro and system clocks and then about it pind so after this u can write simple program with pins then u can use any other features like timers and usart and pwm.then learning any other type of avr will be simple for u.if u want more write a private message to me and I can send u simple programs for start.

Hai soheil_sabzevari

Where can i find that circuit. Only components side of the pcb is in the file.
what about the bottom and software to use?

Nandhu

if that you want to find the software for that programer you can find the software in this site:
**broken link removed**

or if that this don't work go to this source :

sorry for slowly my answer...

some avr codec program software

after bulding your avr programer kit you can write your program in one of this software:

AVR softwareAVR Studio 4
BasCom 1.11.7.4 (good....)
CodeVisionAVR1.23.8(<<<good>>>)

FASTAVR
ImageCraft
proteus 6.0

Win AVR

AVR BRGINNER

u start with bascom avr 1.11.9.1 (2008 version) cause its very easy to learn .

and also u can download the DEMO vesion in

mcselec.com site

cheers

Hi.

I'm also starting to learn AVR and I bought AVRButterfly and I'm reading the book : "C Programming Book for Microcontrollers" from here:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back