Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Suggestions for RTC with an in-built battery and crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everybody
I Need a RTC which has to work either in Serial or in parallel communication with an in-built battery and crystal. I couldn't able to get it. Please suggest me on this

Surendhar Murugan

Re: Suggest RTC

I already searched in digi-key and in mouser electronics also. I couldn't able to find it and I don't want i2c interface i want either 3 wire-serial or parallel interface with the micro controller.

Surendhar Murugan

i googled for rtc and only one name is suggested but i dont know that it is regular part or not.

Suggest RTC

Hi,
One RTC is MAX6902 that has SPI-compatible interface.

3-wire or SPI:
DS1392
DS1393
DS1302
DS1305
DS1306
DS1394
DS3234
DS1390
DS1391
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Parallel:
**broken link removed**

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

I am using an ST Micoelectronics M41T82SM6F in a new design, and it looks like a nice device. Check the rest of their range for chips that suit your interface requirements.

I refuse to use any Dallas Semiconductor chips anymore. Ever since they were bought by Maxim, they have been discontinuing DS parts left and right.

Edit: the M41T93 has a SPI interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back