Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestions for parallel FDTD simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyflyhigh

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, everyone. I am trying to study Parallel FDTD and to simulate some large problems.

Anyone can tell me what should I do first? Thanks.

Re: Parallel FDTD

Anyone could give me some useful advice? Which kind of Parallel soft you use? MPI or some others?

Parallel FDTD

Dear flyflyhigh,

To the best of my knowledge, FDTD is much more sensitive to memory speed than number crunching power of CPU. The calculations to be done for each cell is substantially less than what is for FE. I would not use parallel processing (multicomputer) for calulations of each cell. Rather I would utilize some type of domain decomposition for that, each being done in a separate computer and the final processing would be done in a single computer.
For each cell, you had better use multiple threads. You can find good papers in IEEE on both topics.

Regards

Re: Parallel FDTD

Dear wave-maniac,

Thank you for your reply. In fact, I do not want to use parallel processing (multicomputer) for calulations of each cell as you said. I just plan to separate the large problem into several small parts, and solve these small parts by the conventional FDTD. Each part is solved by one comupter,respectively.

And I only want to know how to separate the large body, communicate every computer and share the data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back