Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestion for 18f452 ROM upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

sijincool

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
i was doing a project in 18f452 with ccs compiler v4.

i got into a trouble when the requirements became double that of the initial one.

every thing is ok except the memory space i have already consumed at a position of 75%.NOW they show a warning of memory almost full.

is it safe to code further???

in case if the code goes beyond 95% pls suggest me any other controller which can be used to replace this chip with out much headache and redundancy of job...(like upgrade from ATMEGA32 to ATMEGA64,ATMEGA128 e.t.c)

thanks in advance

Re: 18f452 ROM upgrade?

Hi,

The 18F452 has 32k bytes and was superceeded by the 18F4520 - there is a migration document on microchips site showing the slight improvements.

However it also has 32k, so look at the 18F4620 which is virtually the same as the 4520 but with 64K.

Re: 18f452 ROM upgrade?

thank u thanku very much iwas about to switch the whole project to atmega64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back