Status
Not open for further replies.

roy mathew

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI, to every body I am dreaming of making a portable oscilloscope with graphical lcd
and a micro controller not yet decided wich micro controller. can any one suggest for a 40mhz 12 bit resalution which controller should i use and at what speed.

thanks

Re: Oscilloscope

Take a look at EDN magazine 2006 Microprocessor Directory
Parametric tables in PDF format available also

**broken link removed**

Use dsPIC. Up tp 30-40MIPS, 12-bit ADC @500ksps...
Or an external adc...

If I understood well, 40MHz is the bandwidth of the scope ? You need a very fast A to D converter with 80 Msample / s minimum. And also a very fast uC to process and store the acquired data.

Hi,

Have you visited following link?

Regards

Check this link:
**broken link removed**

A 12 bit 40MHZ scope would require a 4 layer board and someone who is an expert at board layout and a somewhat experienced designer. You will also need an FPGA chip to handle the data coming out of that ADC, because no microcontroller can handle that kind of a raw data stream, plus format it and send it up to a PC or out onto an LCD screen, plus handle the user interface. Do you have the test equpment to handle an 80 MHZ project, because it gets expensive, real expensive. Do a proof of concept with a PIC and it's built in ADC, and see what kind of results you get at 15KHz. I think you need a reality check on what you are asking. Build a go-kart before talking about building an F1.

So what about your Handheld Oscilloscope now
i am just looking for some HHO as u now ..

and this link will help u to do that

**broken link removed**

and i will build my own one.. c u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…