Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggest me a microcontroller for a portable oscilloscope with graphical LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

roy mathew

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI, to every body I am dreaming of making a portable oscilloscope with graphical lcd
and a micro controller not yet decided wich micro controller. can any one suggest for a 40mhz 12 bit resalution which controller should i use and at what speed.

thanks

Re: Oscilloscope

Take a look at EDN magazine 2006 Microprocessor Directory
Parametric tables in PDF format available also

**broken link removed**

Use dsPIC. Up tp 30-40MIPS, 12-bit ADC @500ksps...
Or an external adc...

If I understood well, 40MHz is the bandwidth of the scope ? You need a very fast A to D converter with 80 Msample / s minimum. And also a very fast uC to process and store the acquired data.

Hi,

Have you visited following link?

Regards

Check this link:
**broken link removed**

A 12 bit 40MHZ scope would require a 4 layer board and someone who is an expert at board layout and a somewhat experienced designer. You will also need an FPGA chip to handle the data coming out of that ADC, because no microcontroller can handle that kind of a raw data stream, plus format it and send it up to a PC or out onto an LCD screen, plus handle the user interface. Do you have the test equpment to handle an 80 MHZ project, because it gets expensive, real expensive. Do a proof of concept with a PIC and it's built in ADC, and see what kind of results you get at 15KHz. I think you need a reality check on what you are asking. Build a go-kart before talking about building an F1.

roy mathew said:
HI, to every body I am dreaming of making a portable oscilloscope with graphical lcd
and a micro controller not yet decided wich micro controller. can any one suggest for a 40mhz 12 bit resalution which controller should i use and at what speed.

thanks

So what about your Handheld Oscilloscope now
i am just looking for some HHO as u now ..

and this link will help u to do that

**broken link removed**

and i will build my own one.. c u

Status
Not open for further replies.